Understanding The Property Tax System
Property taxes are local taxes that provide the largest source of money local governments use to pay for schools, streets, roads, police, fire protection and many other services. Texas law establishes the process followed by local officials in determining the value for property, ensuring that values are equal and uniform, setting tax rates and collecting taxes. Texas has no state property tax. The Legislature has authorized local governments to collect the tax. The state does not set tax rates, collect taxes or settle disputes between you and your local governments.
- Notices of Appraised Value to Arrive in Property Owner Mailboxes Soon…
- Central Appraisal District of San Saba County Passes Property Value Study
- Deadline for 2018 Property Tax Payments Approaches
- For Taxpayers Wishing to Pay Taxes Before the End of the Year…
- CAD Reappraising San Saba ISD for the 2019 Tax Year
San Saba, Texas 76877
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please note that we are closed daily from noon-1:00 p.m. for lunch.